Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Busy day over, life continues as normal

My brother is moving to france for a year. Now there's even more furniture around here. It was a little mind opening for me. He packed the essentials into about a cubic meter and there's probably 10 cubic meters more stuff around here. I wonder how much space a minimalist amount of my stuff will take up.
In other news, the Bank of Canada has cut their target interest rate by a half percent. I haven't sat down to calculate what that means to me yet. Though it means I can accept a slightly lower return on my investments before paying off my loans becomes more profitable.
There's two other items in the news that I find worth yaking about right now. Hockey riot in Montreal. What is it about sports events and riots? What makes this more confusing is that Montreal won? Torching police cars might make sense in some kind of political outrage, but how many things can you celebrate with torching police cars? I hope someone they arrested is going to get billed for the damage.
The other thing that I want to talk about is Douglas Idugboe, author of Credit Miricle for Canadians. Last year, he was apparently making headlines for being wildly successful having millions after only seven years. He was known for saying things like, "Where you are today depends on the decisions you made yesterday." While correct, they reveal little to nothing about how to do anything. Well, according to the Calgary Herald, the decisions he made yesterday has resulted in him facing fraud charges today. Way to go, way to go...

No comments: