Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Spoiled Day Off

I had a day off and all I wanted was to rest and reflect upon the question of who I wanted to impress and what sort of people I wanted to surround myself with. Though my brother called and asked me about my plans. It ruined my day.
He keeps giving me suggestions for "temporary" things I could do while I look for something better, however the things he suggests take several years of training. Last time I told him about something I was contemplating, optometry, he told me that I was wrong about the entry requirements and that I need to actually research things. So we repeated my search while I was there and found the information that I had presented him. There was also a time when a staffing firm called bowen came to town. He told me that Boeing was starting something here and that I should apply. His advice has been a lot of miss information and diverting my efforts into repeating things and attempting to convince everyone else that the information I had found was correct. It really pisses me off when my family tries to bring that up. If they didn't waste my time and drive me nuts, I very well might be engineering right now but since I was essentially dysfunctional for several months we'll never know.
I'm probably coming off as being a bit extreme in blaming them, but for several months I wasn't able to sleep, was feeling dizzy all the time, couldn't think straight. Then after people started leaving me alone, I slowly started getting better almost as mysteriously as it began. I'm convinced its stress related. Specially since they still cause an extraordinary level of stress in me.

No comments: