Thursday, July 3, 2008

Starting Two Things This Month

I started two things at the start of this month. One is counting work days. I have now completed two. Also, I just heard a strange study done that suggests taking an average of several guesses done over time is for some reason more accurate than the first guess. So, umm, today I happen to like 995 days till freedom, previous guesses were 1000, and 1500.
The other thing is recording all my transactions. While I haven't done anything yet, I can claim to have met my previous goal of starting at the beginning of this month since I haven't spent any money yet. Might go out and spend some money this weekend. Eyeing a deal on an mp3 player. Mine is from when DRM was marketed as a feature so it has annoying delays while converting whatever proprietary non-sense goes on in there to prevent copying stuff off. I also listen to a lot of audio books and being able to swap out my book so that I can listen to music is a plus and the one that I'm looking at supports external media. Granted, I could just simply carry both players and put music on one and books on the other.
Also, having trouble deciding what to put in my investment portfolio next. There are so many things I want to add, but it has to be spread out till I have enough to justify selling things during rebalancing rather than simply buying other things. Going to start a few scenarios of play money just to help me figure out what I want to get next.

No comments: