Saturday, June 14, 2008

Overtime

75 hours of work in 7 of the past 8 days
Oh man, I feel so drained from the shift change. That's quite a lot of hours. Unfortunately, the pay period cuts it in half so I don't have enough on either side for overtime pay. Though from what I've been told there's going to be an opportunity for nine hours of overtime next week. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I can go, $14.75 multiplied by 1.5, then multiply by 0.7 because of taxes. Strangely, I can never remember that the last part works out to 1.05. Roughly $15/hr take home pay is as far as I go without a calculator. My best guess was about $140 for the nine hours.
The money aside, I feel like a wreck right now. Way too many hours, way too little rest. Maybe it's the transition or maybe it's just too much work. The fact that they have overtime available though is a good sign. I was told to expect it to continue for a while.
Now that I have weekends off, there isn't anything to do on the weekends. It's kind of disappointing. Maybe I'll just sleep most of the day away.
Umm, sleeping worked quite a bit.

No comments: