Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Breaking Down

I am completely torn apart. Legs hurt, arms hurt, hands hurt. Also have a sore throat. It's hard for me to imagine that this is all due to work. I've worked long hours before and things weren't nearly so bad. Hopefully I'll feel better once the sore throat clears up. When I was on the weekend shift, I'd have days where it was hard to get out of bed in the morning. I'd be pain free by the time I got to work. I was stiff pretty much all day.
Anyway, major thought of the day, it's hard to believe that this is going to be the norm for a while. It isn't just a summer that'll end and let me move on to something else. This is going to drag on for a while.
Tentatively, I'm planning on going in for overtime on Friday if asked. Yeah, my body needs rest but I want to get this over with and I'd rather do over time when I'm not trekking through snow. Tuesday is a day off for Canada Day, I think. Maybe. If not, I am going to regret doing this. The weekend shift has a history of working through holidays, then again we had a weekend shift because we needed the extra production. Day and night shifts both get some holidays off. I'll ask when they ask me about overtime.

No comments: