Tuesday, March 31, 2009

So drained

I feel so tired. Today was a calm day, but the long hours take a lot out of me. There was also an accident downtown blocking the c-train line delaying me from going home for quite some time. Half way through the week already though. It's sad that I spend so much time thinking about just wanting to get through work combined with not wanting to go to work.
Today was kind of upbeat though. I had something to think about today, what I want out of life in the next year or two and trying to figure out a fixed-income investment strategy that I want to try. On the first one, I wonder why I like the idea of living in a place that can be used as a social hub but I don't really feel comfortable in large social gatherings and previously, I've never taken advantage of having a place I could invite people to before.
As for the second one, I find myself asking two questions, if I had a variety of investments before the current mess began, what would I have sold by now? If I were buying right now, what would I buy? Eventually, I had an idea. The 5-year fixed reset preferred shares seem to have really taken off in terms of offerings. Maybe I could mimic the laddered bond portfolio approach. Also had me thinking about the difference between growth potential and financial security. Are there differences between who I would invest in bonds with and who I would invest in common stock with. Thus far, I'm not really sure.

No comments: