Wednesday, September 17, 2008

When will it all end?

Today, I found myself asking when all this turmoil in the market will end.  It set me along the train of though that, the reason why credit is tight is because people are concerned with the viability of financial institutions.  Those financial institutions are on rocky grounds because the income they once enjoyed from securitization is gone and mortgages are defaulting, further hampering their revenues.  Of these two, I'd say that the shock from the first one should probably be over already.  The second one though, I don't think we're through the peak of the foreclosures yet.  Beyond that, I don't know what will happen.  I'd like to say that things will be over, but lets face it, some things lead, some things lag.  At this point, I'll say that would be step one.  After it becomes blatantly obvious that part of it is over, I'll start wildly stabbing in the dark about step two and hopefully one of a couple hundred guesses will be correct.

No comments: