Tuesday, September 16, 2008

End in sight for thousand li march

I don't recall how long ago this started, but I was just told that we now have roughly 6 weeks worth of overtime shifts to go.  It's nice because it's certainly leaving me feeling drained.  I would not like to do that on a continous basis.  At the same time though, I'm going to want the money.  It is a fairly decent chunk, probably about $400/month.  Then as I recall from what people told me, things usually slow a bit and then we start building inventory and run all out towards the start of spring.  So this will probably mean overtime will be available again for a good portion of next year.  I wonder how much of an impact doing overtime has on my estimates.  Though everything still feels so far off in the future right now, so it's hard to tell.

No comments: