Monday, September 1, 2008

The most important thing I have right now

I saw Kung Fu Panda today. It had me thinking, the most important thing I have right now is a body that can take me places. I might not be a marathon runner, but I like that I have the option of walking places instead of needing to rely on something else. Hiking in and out of the Muir Woods on vacation is something that'll be with me forever. It was also nice that I was able to keep up with everyone and keep moving while we all wandered through San Francisco enjoying the various sights. The fact that I'll one day loose this ability and there's little I can do about it is one of my greatest worries. I already have to think about the toll that my work takes on my body, which is quite sad, granted I've gotten a lot stronger lately. Right now, I'm kind of leaning towards not working on friday. Though that day is worth roughly $100. It's not pleasant to need to seriously think about my physical limitations.

No comments: