Thursday, September 11, 2008

Do I need to be a millionaire?

I keep wondering just how much money I need. Do I really need to be a millionaire soon? I think inflation will make it inevitable that I'll want to be a millionaire. Right now, it would be nice, but I think I'd be satisfied wit half that, or less. It's a bit of a milestone. I don't know how long I'm going to be staying at my current job. I kind of have goals for where I want to be when I leave, which reminds me, I have to bump things for inflation. It's still uncertain how my inheritance will change the picture. I've been trying to compute some estimates, but it's hard given that I do not expect the current market conditions to persist. The investments are also postured primarily in small resource exploration firms, which scare me. Most of the accounts also have substantial losses. I'm unsure of how to allocate blocks of money that large right now. There's still months of probate to go through though, so where the jumble lands is still up in the air. I just hope that there's still a good amount left when the dust settles since I get the feeling that many of those investments can fall by quite a bit.

No comments: