Monday, March 31, 2008

Yay, last tax form in

Well, I can finally file my taxes. It sure takes a long time to get mutual fund tax info. Though I suppose the rules say that they need to be mailed out today. Anyway, that should be about 2K coming to me from that, probably 4K recovered from loans and 1.5K of pay after expenses this month, 7.5K in total, 6K in reserve. 13.5K to fund my core. If I can get 6%, that should put me at 10% of the red line. I wonder if that'll make me feel any better. It's an extra paycheck. Hmm, how else can I think of it? 4% towards doubling my income, 1/15th of the way towards the "you typically need 60% of your pre-retirement income in retirement" mark. It's also enough money to pay off my loans, which is still a very tempting. Do I need to revisit this one more time? Or perhaps the thing to do is see what interest rates do. The next interest rate announcement is on April the 22nd. Though then I have to consider the impact of the announcement on yields. Well, the some now and some later approach works well. Meh, too late to figure it out tonight. Well, it's already past midnight, so definitely too late now. Morning works though.

No comments: