Tuesday, March 18, 2008

About the Gravitation Sling Shot

The gravitational sling shot can very simplistically be described as the art of plummeting towards something that'll kindly step out of the way for you. Since the point you're falling towards is shifting, you effortlessly change speed and direction.
It seems to be a better analogy for what I want to do than hitting rock bottom and bouncing back. Things might be falling apart right now, but I'm going to try to keep things controlled and avoid a total shattering.
A variation on this is the Oberth effect, where you want to hit the engines where you've got your highest speed. You get the same amount of speed increase for the amount of fuel you burn, but you get more energy out of it and hence go further.
With my sister getting ready to go off to school, I can't stay here for too long. My parents want to sell the house soon. I'm not sure if they're going towards selling when she starts or waiting till its over.
That's going to be another thing just waiting to crumble. I haven't heard anything about any plans to pay for her schooling. They've been telling me that I should go back to school too while they have money saved up. There's about $20K saved up. I wonder if they know that if they had actually met their expectations instead of having me lie to get loans and grants, all that would have been gone half way through third year. I sure hope that some of the money from downsizing housing goes towards covering her schooling.
Well, getting back to me, my expenses are going up when she leaves, so I'm hunting down investments to augment my income. I'm going to need a lot of extra income to start my life over again.

No comments: