Monday, March 17, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I started this blog to record my efforts to try to restart my life. A while ago, I graduated with a B.Eng in aerospace engineering. I heard things were booming in Calgary, and my parents live here, so I went back to Calgary to look for work. Things were supposed to be good.
Instead, things just went down from there. Instead of being helpful, my parents simply drove my stress level up. Every time I applied somewhere, my parents would ask why I didn't apply sooner. I'd get told to do things that I had already done, like get my resume reviewed, which was happening on the regular basis. They'd make the same suggestions over and over again as if that was all I needed to do despite the fact that I was already doing better than that. Pretty soon, their interrogations were the focus of my life, instead of my job search. It got to a point where I wasn't able to sleep. I blame them for ruining my life.
There's actually a long history of serious tension between me and the rest of my family. There's a bunch of stories that I usually tell. Right now, there's one that's been weighing heavily on my mind that doesn't get told too often. My parents felt that I had an over active imagination as a kid. One of the things they did to try to suppress it was that one day, I was denied food. My mom just said, "See if your imagination can fool you."
I hate them for a lot of things, though for now, I have to use every resource I can, including them. When I finally have the resources to stand on my own, it's going to be for good. My goal is to be gone without a trace. When I leave, I'm sure I'll use that quote.

No comments: