Saturday, February 28, 2009

Month End

Before I begin, 31 days worked so far this year. I've been falling behind on my regular postings. Anyway, what did I bring in this month and what did I spend it on? Two paydays this month, there's only two months with three. Anyway:
gross employment income: 2680
deductions: 563.61
take home pay: 2116.39
spending: 273.32
sales tax: 1.29
Loan payments: 225.91
Spending is a little higher because I didn't buy my bus pass in the previous month. 40% of my gross income goes somewhere, so I guess 60% was saved by the definition of saved that doesn't include the principal portion of loan repayments as saving. 10% of my gross income, 13% of net, was actually spent on stuff, not loans and taxes.
Until I'm in an actual independent living situation, I'm not sure what to think of my data.

No comments: