Monday, February 16, 2009

Shorter Work Week

Well, 24 days down so far. Another three this week. Two more weeks and then I'll be 20% through the year. Maybe I should count all the work days ahead just for fun. I have mixed feelings about that. I suppose it is about half way through Q1. I had two big things right now. I lost a receipt today, it was for my phone card so I'm out $10.50. Trying to shrug it off. Went a little nuts searching everywhere for it, but I'm trying to just accept it and get another one.
The other big one, back on the TV rotting your brain thing. I had an epiphany. A large chunk of my childhood misery can be attributed to someone along the lines somewhere assuming that I was autistic and ignoring any evidence to the contrary. It came to me while I was watching House and how they were treating an autistic patient. Autism might be going a bit far, but treated like there was something wrong with me. It explains the intensive work I had to go through on the basics while I was mastering much more advanced concepts at school. I also say this with many memories of being checked out by various psychiatrists and their conversations with my parents.
It explains things, however it doesn't excuse them. Personally, I wonder if it'll help me forgive. This doesn't change anything going on in the family at the moment. I suppose this changes nothing.

No comments: