Saturday, January 31, 2009

Another month down

Finally got to the end of the month. I'll guess about 30 to 40 to go. I'm not about to start guessing. A brief summary about the month:
Gross pay: 2873.92
Deductions: 585.22
Net pay: 2288.70
Spending: 91.45
Sales tax: 0.85
Loan payments: 225.91
Savings this month: 1970.49
Total taxes paid: 560.49
% of gross pay going to taxes: 19.5%
% of income going towards loan payments: 7.86% gross, 9.87% net
% of income going towards savings: 68.56% gross, 86.10% net
days worked: 16
Maybe I should do a pie graph next time. My living expenses are artificially depressed, that's just the way my life is right now. I still need to go out and get a bus pass but as of right now that's how this month falls. That changes my spending figures quite a bit, it doesn't change that I'm saving fairly substantial amounts of my net income. Anyway, wow I pay a lot of taxes. I knew it was big, but it's different when it's staring me in the face. My marginal tax rate is roughly 30% last I checked, though I always thought that basic exemptions made more of an impact. Student loan payments are very low and manageable, I am not loosing any sleep over them.
Well, big thing in my life right now, I'm bitter, depressed and angry. Goal for February is to find a new property manager for the shopping plaza. I don't have a personal goal. The search for personal happiness is probably one of the most destructive things that one can take up. It feels like something I need to do though. I'm not sure what I'll find, but I'm not sure I can really move on without it.

No comments: