Sunday, October 26, 2008

No More Inheritance?

Personally, I believe that there are lines that once crossed are hard to return from. I've been on the other side of more than one of them myself. My mom has some built up resentment and she feels like lashing out and well, external validation of her claim is important to her so I don't think I'll step in the way.
There isn't really much of use to me in the estate anyway. Assets are locked up and hard to do stuff with. I'm estimating that under the will I'd get roughly $130k, of which $30K is actually liquid. $100K is locked up in the family holding firm in one way or another. I wasn't really counting on it, but I was looking forward to it. To a certain extent, I don't really want to be tied down by a business right now. I need to be able to take off and just be for a while.

No comments: