Friday, October 10, 2008

Are the Indexes Cheap Again?

Prices have declined considerably lately. Though what has been declining faster? Personally, I questioned whether or not energy and material prices would really stay high. When there was a big run up, they started occupying a larger portion of the indexes. The more you pay for stuff you don't particularly want, the more expensive the indexes are. If I were interested in oil, I suppose the indexes have become more expensive lately, though for what I'm interested in, it seems that buying index funds might make sense now. Dividend yields are also getting higher. Question is, what are earnings like?
I've tentatively decided to wait until the next quarter to make investment decisions, it's amazing how much things have changed since I last sat down and did some brain storming. That as only a few weeks ago too.

No comments: