Tuesday, August 5, 2008

whoo, got a raise

I now have the raise that I was waiting for. They took down the pay scale though so I'm not entirely sure how much I'm getting right now. It was a fairly decent jump, not like a token amount. Granted, this whole thing is still a joke compared to what I should be making. Overall, I'm not sure this really changes much. Keeping expenses down probably has more of an impact right now.
With regards to expenses, I'm not fond of the idea of blowing a month's wage on car insurance. Then there's maintenance and fuel on top of that. Granted the price of insurance should go down once I get some experience.
There's also the trip to europe that my brother wants me to take. I don't know if that's really such a good idea. I think I'll probably be happier with a bit more security in my life. It's a long road and I'm not getting close to the end yet.

No comments: