Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Topping off My Pay Cheque

Well, I've agreed to go for overtime two weeks in a row. By my calculations, this will give me roughly $250 more on that pay cheque. Regularly I get about $1000 for 8 days work, or about $125 a day. It feels kind of strange that comparing what I take home on average and the marginal rate, I don't feel like I'm making more on those extra days. Also kind of makes me wonder how many people think about marginal rates vs average rates. I wonder how many of the people I work with understand the idea of marginal tax rates well enough to make decisions based off them. I know there's some fairly financially uneducated people there. Though I also know that there's a bunch of fairly bright people there who just aren't fluent in english.

No comments: