Saturday, June 27, 2009

Toys

All week, I've been trying to decide on whether or not I want to get a Celestron Firstscope telescope. Right now, it's on sale at London Drugs for $50 (no, that's not the regular price, the regular is $50USD and I'm in Canada). While I'm familiar with all the deficiencies, it remains the best choice of something I might want to carry out somewhere. It's also gotten some good reviews. I think I might.
Also, reading the reviews pointed me toward something else interesting, the Galileoscope. I wouldn't call it a replica, but it's based on the original design, right down to having an erect eye-piece that's like staring through a straw. There's also a more conventional eye-piece with it. Maybe I'll get one of those too, but I don't think it's worth ordering online. The shipping costs are more than the thing itself.

No comments: