Sunday, June 7, 2009

Feeling a bit better now

A bit of cooking and video games has helped smooth things over. Mythbusters helped as well. Right now, I find myself searching for a way to focus and clear my head of distractions. Part of me wonders if I want to try standing in a field practising swordsmanship all day long for a few months. That's not very practical though and I'm afraid I'll just wind up bored. I'm also wondering about music and programming. Music is something that I could probably do just to relax. It's harder to convince people to clear an area to wave a sharp piece of metal around. Programming though is something that I've always had an interest in. Maybe I'll take that up professionally one day. For now though, I kind of miss my old skills and I find myself in want of a few new tools. Strangely when I can't find a program to do what I want, I assess the complexity of the task and wonder if I could code something for that myself. Whatever it is though, I feel like just clearing a few months to just focus myself.
Sadly that'll have to wait while more practical matters take priorities. I need to get ready to move, I need to find a place to move to, and I have money that needs allocating. I've got about $4.2K lined up and ready to go right now. There's another $2.7K or so coming in this month and I'll guess about 0.5K going out. I suppose other things on my to do list include planning for the wedding trip in November. My computer also needs replacing eventually. I find myself wondering what I should go get. Pretty much anything at the lower end of the conventional range will work great for me. Though I find myself drawn to having a low power netbook as well. I'm not sure if having both is really the best combination for me. Anyway, though there's supposed to be some pretty interesting stuff coming out soon. Best to put that decision off till later. Maybe the netbook market will be more mature by the time I actually replace anything.

No comments: