Sunday, May 31, 2009

May month end

Special thanks to two overtime shifts and this being one of two months with three pay cheques, my income during the month of may was rather high. I decided not to include investment returns in my analysis, or that I got my tax refund this month. Maybe a budget would be more interesting, but my living costs are severely distorted due to living with my mom.

Gross pay: 4422
Take home: 3459.85
spending: 172.85
loan payments: 225.91
savings: 3061.09

deductions/gross pay: 21.8%
gross pay saved: 69.2%
take home pay saved: 88.5%

spending/gross: 3.9%
spending/take home: 5.0%

loan payments/gross: 5.1%
loan payments/take home: 6.5%

total outflow/gross pay: 30.8%

Some nice ratios there. I like that I'm saving 88.5% of my take home pay. However I don't really like 21.8% of my pay disappearing in deductions but I'm not sure there's really anything I can do about that. Now to invest the small sum that I've accumulated this month.

No comments: