Saturday, May 30, 2009

Time vs wants/needs trade offs

Haven't posted anything in a while, so I guess I'll start by saying 84 days down, going on 88 at the end of next week. I've got a couple things on my mind right now, such as getting a musical instrument. The past two weeks or so, I've been practicing on the recorder and searching youtube for videos of people playing and listening to the sound they make. Now I'm contemplating getting an e-bay account just to a jade dizi. The tin whistle was another one that was high up there and I also liked the sound of the flute but after some research, I learnt that it was probably a bad idea. The dizi is probably a bad idea as well. I'm told that it isn't the best to learn on and bamboo has better acoustics. Anyway, it got me started on this little list of wants and how long I'd have to work to get them based off my marginal tax rate and current wage.
Item hours
A good burger 0.25
Pie 0.5
Monthly cell payment 0.9
Movie 1
Tin whistle 1.25
Dizi 3-4
Zoo pass 4.7
Bus pass 7
New computer 30
New camera 21
Going DSLR 60
Vacation 85-128
Car 850
Median condo price 21407
Median house price 32409
A million dollars 85288

The last four are for amusement purposes only.

No comments: