Tuesday, November 4, 2008

market dip over?

Has the overshoot ended? Is this the next support level for the indexes? I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if things stayed around this level for a while. Granted, the only outcome that would really surprise me at this point is if stocks were to go on a sudden week long surge upwards. Sadly, I didn't get the chance to put any new money into the markets. I should be getting my money back out of the family holding firm by the end of the year though. Kind of disappointed that all my resources were tied up and I was unable to act. If it wasn't, I'd at least be able to question whether or not I did the right thing and learn a bit more about my temperment.
I did learn a different interesting thing though, the more money I build up, the more attractive broad index funds look instead of picking one or two favorite stocks at the moment. For the moment, I'm still trying to figure out how I want to position my money next. A lot of attractive looking options out there, but I wonder if it's being bold or foolish. Only time will tell.

No comments: