Monday, May 26, 2008

No goals this week

Strange, I thought I was getting better sleep, then I realized that I'm waking up every two hours or so. That can't be good, though now I actually have a sense of how bad it is. Work is cutting back on overtime, which doesn't directly affect me since I'm not doing any overtime at present. Though it does raise a bit of concern over whether or not this is a bad sign for the business. I manufacture cosmetic building supplies, moulding. The kind of stuff that's pretty much only found in residential properties, which is also the kind with the speculators and bubbles. Then again, I'd say that it was incompetently managed to start with. Before, people would just walk in and walk out for overtime all the time. There were people going at it upwards of 70 hours a week, several of them. Some people were even there more often than they weren't. My area probably wouldn't have functioned without overtime workers. Management got yelled at for having higher labour costs.
Anyway, today I wonder if my life feels enriched by sleeping through most of the day. I think I should find a few games to play to fill the time or something. Maybe read something.
Oh and in other news, I just found out that my dad doesn't have any insurance. He got my mom to opt out of his pension benefits and has no life insurance, which I find kind of silly. My mom is ten years younger and is in much better health than he is. Well, all I can say is, way to be a team player. I suppose it's just a sign of how things are in this family. Oh well, I really don't want anything to do with this family. It's just too much of a mess.

No comments: