Thursday, May 15, 2008

Defaulting loans?

Well, I got back from vacation to find that one of the people I lent money to is no longer employed. He was in retail, and apparently stepped on a few toes being nice to people. Something I totally understand. It's one reason I hate jobs dealing with the public. You tend to get too many conflicting objectives. You want to handle things quickly, but at the same time, you want to be nice and have a good sales rate. I've known so many call center agents who've gotten yelled at for having low sales when their sales rate is good, their speed is good, but the hours they work have been bellow average. Somewhat different, but still fairly similar.
In the big picture, it took a month's work to restore someone's life. Would I make the trade again? I still think covering my own ass first is probably the best policy. If it were a few years down the line, I don't think I'd have to ask myself this. Right now though, I do need to ask and honestly, it's a tough call.

No comments: