Saturday, August 22, 2009

Taking Stock of Where I am Now

132 days worked so far this year. I must say that I'm a lot more calm than when I started this blog. I feel that I've grown a bit. I certainly have learnt a lot of things during this time. However, I still feel a lack of direction and a strong sense of stagnation in my life. I'm not sure if my time to restart has increased or decreased. The market recovery and rumoured economic recovery does make me feel more confident in the security of my investment income, which is nice. Yields have gone down significantly though, but they're still higher than when I first started blogging. I feel indifferent toward that. It doesn't make things better or worse. My expectations of how much money I'll need has gone up.
Moving forward, I still have a feeling of impending doom. I'm sure that starting over somewhere new, taking some time for myself and possibly getting a new degree is something that I want to do. Though I worry about completely loosing myself. Part of me worries that I'll become too attached to not doing anything and simply stop all together. That's the danger of being driven by a desire to get away from something as oppose to striving toward something.

No comments: