Wednesday, August 5, 2009

July Month End

Before I forget, 122 days worked so far this year, going 124. I've been behind on posting. So I guess a July month end is in store for now. The profit share cheque was for $600 or so. I suppose I'm pleased with it.

July summary
deductions/gross pay 18.9%
gross pay saved 66.9%
take home pay saved 82.6%

spending/gross 7.4%
spending/take home 9.1%

loan payments/gross 6.8%
loan payments/take home 8.4%

total outflow/gross pay 33.1%
total savings $2224.22
I spent about $240 this month, with almost $4 in taxes and misc attached government fees, mainly recycling levies and deposits. In the first half of the year, I averaged $202. This month is a tad higher because I renewed my driver's license for $64.45 and I also went to a party, which is where most of the recycling comes in. Maybe next year, I'll separate out the sales tax, recycling deposit and recycling levy. Also paid for some supplies for my sister's Canada day party too. All this and being only $40 or so over average makes me want to check my math, but I did this on a spreadsheet, so maybe checking my data entry would be more appropriate. Also notably a fairly light month on the reusable bag credits, largely due to a shift in my spending habits. Hmm, do I want to start tagging these sorts of things budget or month end or something? I wonder if there's a way that I can mark labels as obsolete so that they stop showing up in my list of suggested labels. Anyway, here's to hoping for a good August. There's only two pay days in August, my string of extra pay has come to an end.

No comments: