Tuesday, September 1, 2009

August month end

deductions/gross pay 21.6%
gross pay saved 59.8%
take home pay saved 76.3%

spending/gross 10.5%
spending/take home 13.4%

loan payments/gross 8.1%
loan payments/take home 10.3%

total outflow/gross pay 40.2%
savings $1675.61

This has been my most expensive month so far this year. I spent close to $300, which isn't inherently obvious in my summary. I'll put off changing the look of my spreadsheet till next year though. Overall though, I think I'm still doing well. As a percentage of my income, I am still saving more than half my gross pay and more than three quarters of my take home pay. Took the family out for lunch once, took my sister out for lunch once, and collected a set of Olympic sports water bottles. Overall, nothing too unusual. I have no good excuses like renewing my driver's license this time.
Finally as of the end of the month, I worked 138 days. As of this post, 139.

No comments: